Friday, November 03, 2006

Tiny things over the seat of a 2nd class Train


I believe in today
and not
in
tomorrow,
time,
for a traveler
it is all
and more,
because it tends
to go faster
than everything else,
my four years
on the road,
were simply
the fastest years
in my
life.

Like
the blink
of
an eye
too many faces
and
too many
places
appeared
and
disappeared
in just a matter
of unmerciful
tick - tack time.

Over the counter
day a day
business,
the routine
of waking up
in a crowded
room
not knowing
who are you sleeping with
or
who are you
sharing with.

You see the world
from a different
angle,
another
screen,
like the window
of a train
bus or
plane,
this submerges you
deeply
in an ocean
of
curiosity
and
moving
dreams.

You pack your
backpack
and you
fill them with
memoirs,
endless souvenirs
that you
keep
as your most
loving
treasures,
hoping
to bring them
safely
back
home

There’s no home
like home
per se,
home is where
you leave
your bag
under
a bed
To rest


Traveling,
For me,
It’s all
And
What I do
At my best
I feel
fulfilled
with
just a bag
and
the will
to
live
new stuff

Meina 02/10/06

No comments: